FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same-day standby or changes on A3?
View Single Post
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:37 pm
KLouis

Originally Posted by pewpew
On a single ticket (or multiple conjunctive tickets) with a missed A3-A3 connection, A3 is pretty much required to put you on the next flight out.

(General rule: When on a single ticket/consequent conjunctive tickets, the late delivering carrier is responsible for rebooking)
Careful, we are talking about individual, i.e. separate tickets, thus no obligation for anything! I've often (4-5 times) asked A3 to "merge" such tickets for me and every single time I got a NO for an answer. I was lucky, and I was not late, or at least not that late to miss my next flight so I don't know how they would have reacted. Of course, on single tickets there is no problem.

Years ago, before they joined *A, my wife called me from Germany telling me that their incoming flight to ATH (separate tickets, separate airlines) was late due to a strike. I called A3 and the agent on the phone, after talking to a supervisor, did change the connecting flight. But, a) I did this hours before the connection and b) there was that strike that, I guess, mellowed them down.

In brief, just to be safe, I'd book the 8:30 pm flight to SKG.