FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will my bags make MCT at SVO on a connection between SU and OK?
Old Aug 26, 2015, 4:57 pm
Occupationalhazard
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, UA Prem1K, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by okamzikprosim
Hey all, in about a month I have a connection between OK and SU at SVO. It is around the international to international MCT I believe. On the outbound, I've got 2 hours but inbound only 75 minutes.
Should be fine (SU and OK have an interline agreement, so baggage should be checked through ok). I have had some tight connections in SVO, although typically I carry on. On the rare occasion that I have checked a bag, everything has been ok.

My flight is KBP-SVO-PRG. I arrive in Terminal D and depart in Terminal F. The plane is on a superjet however so I'm not sure if that means it is different when it comes to arrival (such as a bus gate).
I have bounced b/w SVO and KBP before and cannot recall ever arriving at a bus gate (although have departed SVO from one twice), which is likely due to the configuration of passport control and security for transit passengers.

I ask because I have the option to walk over to T2 in PRG before I leave. and check my bags at left luggage instead.
Well, if you're really worried, you can always do that.

Safe travels,

O/H