FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sun, Snow and Sushi - One Week, OneWorld F Round The World (BA F, AA F, JL F-J-Y)
Old Aug 25, 2015, 4:54 pm
Jermyn

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Originally Posted by DaveNCL
I liked this conversation

Nice start to what looks like a very interesting trip. I'm always jealous when I see someone has been to Japan, loved my time there earlier this year.

I look forward to reading more.

Edited to add - your Katz recommendation has been added to my list for my 'Viking' trip to NY in May.

Thanks, I hope it continues to deliver ^
I love Japan. I'm starting to think people are going to get bored of it featuring so much in my TRs

I'll be visiting Katz on a Viking ticket in May too, there could be a DO in the making!

Originally Posted by GodAtum
Thanks for your report. I flew on a 12 hour BA F flight this month from LHR to KUL. The check-in and boarding process is horrible. i had to wait 5 mins for a free check-in desk and I had to satnd in a queue to board. If you are paying over £3k for a ticket one does not expect to have to queue.
Thanks, cool blog!
I agree. I'm flying BA F again this weekend so will get a chance to add another data point (BA have just updated their boarding procedure) as well as asking about the new fast track for F.

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Whenever I read a Jermyn trip report, I feel like I'm looking at pictures out of GQ with ridiculously good looking people living a life far beyond my own. But I suppose that's because you don't chronicle commutes to work on the tube.

Great start so far!
Oh come on man, you're going to make me blush . Thanks for the kind words though! Today's TR: the central line was hot and horrendous during rush hour. I didn't wear a jacket because it was too hot but then I got hit with torrential rain on my walk to the station... I didn't have an umbrella. This resulted in a 'wet shirt contest' scenario in the carriage - much to the amusement of anybody whose eyes weren't firmly glued to their smartphone.

Originally Posted by benjahman
Jermyn, great report as usual. Two questions:

1. What kind of boots are those? They look similar to a pair of Alden's I own. Can you share?
2 What kind of mount are you using for the GoPro shots in the cabin or are you just sitting the camera on a ledge, etc..?

Looking forward to the rest or your report.
Thanks!
1. Aldens? You sir are a man of impeccable taste. These aren't quite as fancy. They are Oliver Sweeney. Pebble Grain, split toe and rubber sole. These are my go to boots for torrential rain, snow... and drinking. It only takes one unfortunate incident with a pair of light suede Edward Greens to realise that drinking shoes are a thing.
2. I'm using a Joby Gorillapod. It has 3 articulated legs which can be used to fit it pretty much anywhere. I have a pic of my setup coming in the next instalment.

Originally Posted by JamieABZ
Ahhhh, welcome back, I have a few favourite trip reporters, you are one of those. Very thorough as usual. I'm heading to NYC for Hogmanay and trying the A321T over to LAX on 01st January, so good to read reports about it. Thank you.
Thank you so much. It really is great to hear that the hours of effort are paying off and that people are enjoying the reports Safe travels!

Originally Posted by Phaze
Nice report. That AA lady wasn't too pleasant.

Why no SQ report? I saw the pictures on your Instagram.
Ah, she was probably just stressed. Happens to the best of us. The awesome FA more than made up for it ^

I have a very special SQ only report coming up after this one...