Old Aug 24, 15, 2:46 pm
corncob

Programs: AA EXP/Exec Citi, NZ* G, Nat EE, Avis PP, HH Gold
Originally Posted by hiima View Post
Go to a check in desk. They may be able to confirm you onto the earlier flight if you have at least 30 min from the check in desk to departure.
Thanks hiima, if I go with the safe option, that will definitely be my plan of action.

Originally Posted by Exec_Plat View Post
My travel agent can override the MCT pop-up in Sabre and book and ticket flights that do not comply with the MCT.

This is done knowing im a big boy and will deal with consequences.

The upside is I book the ticket as one ticket.

The good news is if I had a bag checked (only 2 times in the last 150k miles) that checked back would not prevent me from getting onto the earlier flight. if I physically get to the earlier flight, I am golden.

If I miss it, I am on standby.

or... maybe hold a changeable booking on a later flight (award or paid). If you make the early you cancel, if you miss the early you bight the bullet.

Again, an agent can override.
Thanks Exec_Plat, that's the sort of experience I was hoping someone could provide. I do realize a checked bag definitely complicates things.

Have you missed it before, and successfully been allowed to standby without paying for an additional ticket? If so, were you EXP at the time (for reference)?

I have no problem going the standby route, as there's several ways to Denver late in the day. And if I don't make the 2pm deadline, it doesn't matter if I get in at 3pm or 12am.

Last edited by corncob; Aug 24, 15 at 2:57 pm