FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Account fraud / breach: my account compromised, awards taken, etc.
Old Aug 22, 2015, 12:06 pm
Gardyloo
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Account fraud / breach: my account compromised, awards taken, etc.

Just got off the phone with AA canceling three tickets redeemed using my miles, first class LAX-HKG and HKG-LAX and one business class YYZ-HKG, all on CX metal. Not only did they use my AAdvantage account, but they managed to change the address and contact phone number too (to someplace in Clearwater FL.) The LAX-HKG flight departs later today; I hope someone has a nice long visit with the CX people and/or LAWA cops.

Knowing that you have to use the phone to book CX awards, I'm perplexed that somebody at AA didn't smell a rat when my address and phone numbers were being changed, and a credit card not in the system (mine weren't touched) was used for the taxes.

Of course, as it's Saturday I had to do all the fixing with somebody in the reservations group as AAdvantage Customer Service is closed on the weekend. I got the miles reinstated but am seriously pissed, and a little concerned, as to what else is going on.