FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Portland, ME - where to stay?
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2015, 2:54 pm
general45
Original Member

Originally Posted by Analise
Not including ambience as any place on the water has it better than off Route 1, but how would you compare the seafood with Bob's Clam Hut down in Kittery?
I like Bob's but wouldn't make a special trip to eat there. They're both pretty good. There are so many great roadside shacks that sell absolutely great seafood. You've got the Lost Gull in Oxford, The Red Barn in Augusta, The Bluebird Restaurant and Helens Restaurant in Machias and Warren's also in Kittery.
I found what I think is a great little restaurant located in a small shopping mall in Portsmouth, NH, just a 15 minute drive across the bridge from Kittery. It's called Hebert's Restaurant. The portions were huge and the prices extremely reasonable. Plus you can use restaurant.com certificates to bring the cost down even more. They also have a 50's style diner in the rear of the restaurant if you want to try that out.
http://www.hebertsrestaurant.com/index.html
You won't get oceanfront views at this place, but will experience great seafood. I don't care if a place is fancy just as long as it's good.