FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discover Deals
Thread: Discover Deals
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2015, 12:11 pm
Auerbach

Today I got a pretty substantial normal spend (non-MS) savings through Discover It/Discover Deals and I just wanted to write about it. My 2012 SUV was in need of new tires, so I contacted the dealership to get a price quote, and they quoted me $1,035 for the same Michelin tires it came with. That left me with a bit of sticker shock, so I decided to check out Sears as well. Sears was priced about the same at $1,019 for the same model tire, but I went through Discover Deals which is currently offering 10% cash back through 8/31 (Note that gift cards do earn portal cash back at Sears)and bought two $500 Sears e-gift cards, and paid with my Discover It card (which got me another 5% cash back). The e-gift cards arrived via email 20 mins after purchase. I'm also enrolled in Discover's end of year doubling, so in the end, I will get about $300 cash back on this purchase. There's also a $70 Michelin mail in rebate going right now, but that's available through anywhere, and not just Sears. So all in I paid about $630 for a $1,000 set of tires today.

For any other vehicle owners out there, even if you don't need tires right now, it might not be a bad idea to pickup some Sears gift cards while the 10% portal promo lasts (through 8/31) to buy tires with them later.