FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aircraft Swap 997 DFW-EZE 8/20
View Single Post
Old Aug 19, 2015, 3:54 pm
smuDC-10

Programs: AA EXP, AA MM, Hilton Honors Diamond
Aircraft Swap 997 DFW-EZE 8/20

Hi all. Just wondering if any of you have experienced something similar to this and what ended up happening to you. I'm scheduled on 997 tomorrow from DFW-EZE. The flight was supposed to be a 787 but just found out from a friend traveling on the same flight that it shows a 777-200 😢. I booked a coach ticket and used a systemwide upgrade to biz which cleared a week ago. Right now, it shows my seat as 6L which is the one I chose on the 787. There is however no 6L on the 777-200. I pulled up the seat map (which shows the 777-200) and tried to switch to an open biz seat but got an error. I called the EXP desk and they had no luck either and said it's all in the airport's control even though it is over 24 hours out. I also have 3 friends that were booked into MCE all together but that is now in shambles too. Is my only hope to show up at the airport really early to try and get them sitting together and also hopefully still get a biz seat for myself? I'm sure it won't happen to me since I used a SWU on this flight but will AA open up the 1st cabin on the 777 and move paid biz class people or elites up there? (As of about 4 hours ago the aircraft was still a 787 with the correct seat map. If you go to book a ticket now on it though it still shows a 788 next to equipment type but clicking the seat map shows the 777). Any advice about what to do or not do in this instance or what I should expect to happen is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
smuDC-10