FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Aug 19, 2015, 6:04 am
PremExecSNA

Programs: UA 1K 2Millon Mile Flyer, IC Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle, Bonvoy Gold
Ic adelaide

Intercontinental Adelaide

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked King Deluxe room on IHG Rewards Club Advance Purchase Rate and received King Club IC room.

How are the rooms?
The room and bed were very comfortable. Without a doubt, this is among the most uninspired decor I've ever had at an IC. Stark white walls with minimal art created a somewhat cold and lifeless feeling. The hotel is screaming that 70's Intercontinental look that never quite got renovated to contemporary style. The layout of the room was odd, with a conflict between the closet and the bathroom doors (you had to move one to open the other). It almost felt like a cruise ship layout. The bathroom was spacious with a shower and soaking tub.

How is the exec. lounge?
Although I received no discernible room upgrade, I did receive complimentary Club access. A previous poster described the club lounge as "soulless" and I would have to agree. The ceiling is open to a rotunda so several floors above can look over the balcony and down into the club. Lights were bright and did not create a clubby feel. They allowed guests the opportunity to take breakfast in the restaurant downstairs, which I was very happy to do. Afternoon desserts and teas were simple, and the evening menu consisted of the standard cheese platter, vegetable sushi rolls, cold cuts, and antipasti. Hot offerings were the same fried spring rolls or dim sum dumplings each night. Service at the lounge was excellent.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Service was top notch at every turn and I saw a lot of little touches normally associated with a true 5 star operation.
Club IC Access for RA's.
The gym is awesome and among the best I've ever seen at a hotel. The equipment is Health Club quality with a nice variety of weights and cardio equipment.
Location is great for public transportation with the airport bus (J1 or J2) stopping within blocks. The railway station is right next door to the hotel.

Bad:
Decor is dated and uninspired.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
I was pleased with my stay overall. I wonder if they are tracking our profiles more closely, as I always pick the Club over an upgrade if given the choice. They didn't even ask, but it worked out. Then again, I'm a firm believer that all RA's should have club access as well as an upgrade. I'd stay here again if I was in the area.