FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/Canadian Issued ABTC/APEC Business Travel Card: Updates, Experiences, Q&A
Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:50 pm
dstan
Moderator: New York City and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, Natl EC
ICN / Seoul-Inchon info

Originally Posted by tookay
I just flew out of ICN yesterday and had a new experience. When I checked in for my flight, the agent noticed that I had an ABTC card in my passport case. She then took out sort of a small coupon that was an entrance pass to Fast Track, put my info on item, ticked the "reason" box as "other" and gave it to me. I gave that to the officers at the Fast Track entrance, they both looked at it in sort of a puzzled way as if they had never seen one before. No problems, I went straight through without even showing them my ABTC card.

Meanwhile, as is so often the case, the usual security lane queues were horrendous. One business class passenger was shouting at the agents "what? I paid $2000 for this ticket and I don't get Fast Track?"

ICN really do need to do something about outbound security and immigration. For an airport that gets top marks in polls, it gets the bottom 10% from me for departure security and customs queues.
Doh! Wish I had seen this! I just arrived and departed ICN. Two notes:

1) On Entry, I went to the APEC Card lane and the officer sent me back to fill out an Arrival Card, which was smaller and different from the landing card given to other passengers. I was able to get one from the costumed lady who was directing people.

2) On Departure, there was a screen at security showing where the shortest lines were (portal #1 at the far right was green - the other three portals were all red). Very short line, although it took some time as they decided to pull some of my power cables out and rescan my tote bag. After that, I noticed there was an APEC Card sign for Immigration, but I didn't look for a separate line because the line right after my security lane had only one person in it.

At the entrance to the security lines, there was a person stationed across from a scale, which worried me, but I walked past without incident. Not sure who they might accost.