FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is a "promotional card application" hiatus a good idea?
Old Aug 18, 2015, 2:21 pm
protagonist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Chase reportedly won't give you a bonus on those cards if you reapply less than 2 years since your last bonus posted (which is obviously not the same as when your last bonus-earning card was opened!). It should be spelled out in the T&Cs of each online card offer (but perhaps spelled out less clearly there?).

Of course, those are the rules at present. They could change at any time. (Chase already seems to be denying churners way less aggressive than you for any Chase UR cards, since May. We don't know if/when they might extend that to any partner cards like UA or BA.)
I haven't churned many Chase cards, though I did receive many new ones within the past 12-18 months. I think it may have been 2 years or more since I had a BA or UA card, and I was applying for a different BA card than I had previously owned. I cancelled some Chase cards over the last year prior to the renewal date (including Ink Bold and Ink Plus), but I paid the annual fee to renew my Sapphire card this month.

Anyway, it sounds like it might be in my interest (as well as everybody's) to wait awhile and settle for gathering points the old-fashioned way (including from other banks). I'm cool with that.