FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starting 18 Aug 2016:United Club Access (including members) Only w/ UA/*A Same-Day BP
Old Aug 17, 2015, 8:37 pm
dank0014

Well thanks UA, so gate passes will disappear which means my membership will go away. This means UA you are now out some money as frankly, I am one of your cheap Club members since I don't drink, and frankly the munchies don't do much for me.

But I shall thank you for one thing. Fully refundable fares will now be purchased to get me past security and thus immediately canceled after getting in. By doing so, I will now hold up a seat that UA could have potentially sold, as well as now causing your agents to take my phone call and process my cancellation. Labor surely can't be cheap.

Since I'm a glass half full guy, I see a major plus that purchasing a refundable ticket has verses the gate pass....I now will get TSA Pre. Thankfully, this will come in handy since UA is shuttering so many of the premier security lines now. Maybe this is flyer friendly of you. See you on the other side UA (of security checkpoint that is) without you taking my annual dues and spending more money on me.