FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp
Old Aug 16, 2015, 4:41 am
EtihadHelp
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by Flauschie_Mr
Then I take the opportunity to ask two questions I could not find an answer to.

Question 1: Is there (and if so, where can I find it) a table the gives specific information about Tier Miles when flying on Eithad partner airlines?

I’m asking since one gets for an economy class flight 1 tier mile for every 1 mile flown regardless of the economy booking class. At least this is what I got credited into my account (hope this is correct, otherwise I just shot myself in the foot with this post ).

In case of Air Berlin for example the Etihad website states:
Flights taken on airberlin and NIKI are eligible to earn Etihad Guest Tier Miles and therefore do contribute to earning or maintaining your Etihad Guest Silver, Gold or Platinum.

Flights taken on airberlin are eligible to earn Etihad Guest Tier Miles and therefore contribute to earning or maintaining your Etihad Guest Tier status.

Question 2: Is one eligible to earn 1 tier miles for every 1 miles flown with AB as well regardless of the booking class, given the flight has an AB flight number and is operated by AB?
Hello,

In answer to your question, the tier miles you earn depend on the booking class of your Air Berlin ticket.

CABIN CLASS EARNED MILES
Business J, C, D, I 150%
Economy Y, B, H, K 100%
Discounted Economy M, L, V, S 50%
Discounted Economy N, Q, O, G 25%

This table shows what you will earn for guest miles and tier miles. So a normal Economy ticket earns you 100% tier miles. This info is on our Etihad Guest website.

Hope that helps,

*DP