FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starting 18 Aug 2016:United Club Access (including members) Only w/ UA/*A Same-Day BP
Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:53 am
JBord

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by unitedfflyer
So basically a membership is now nothing more than pre-paying for 9 entries? UA management wants to remove all ancillary benefits and strip it down to the core.
Not following...if you are flying UA only 9 times per year, you shouldn't be buying a membership. You can still use it every time you fly UA.

Originally Posted by LaserSailor
6 pages of thread and ...

Me: GOod morning....( present club card)

Checker: I'm sorrybDr Laser Sailor , the new policy is you must have a boarding pass to enter the UC.

Me: I'll be booking my next leg over at the customer support desk in the club, is that ok?

Checker: of course, have a nice day

Me: thank you, have a great one!
Lying isn't acceptable to me. But I'm glad that you found a way that works for you.

Originally Posted by channa
It's not clear that's going away. The redeye BP arrives the same day.

There's even leniency built into the logic for *G access on redeyes connecting to other flights.

AMEX has a same-day BP requirement, and they allow arrivals to enter. So I don't think we can safely assume a redeye BP with a same day arrival date is going to be disqualified. We have to wait and see.
There aren't many red-eyes that leave the same day they arrive. A couple that leave around 12:30 from the west coast. Most leave before midnight so they'd have a different date on the pass. All TATL red-eyes are a different day.

I hope you're right about logic built in to accommodate this, because the ability to use the lounge after an international arrival seems to be the big loss here. Perhaps the policy will only apply to domestic lounges, and then there's very little impact. I think most TATL AND TPAC arrive in the U.S. same date.

Last edited by goalie; Aug 15, 2015 at 9:17 am Reason: Discuss the issue-not each other