FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starting 18 Aug 2016:United Club Access (including members) Only w/ UA/*A Same-Day BP
Old Aug 15, 2015, 8:45 am
IAH-OIL-TRASH
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by channa
Which is why they're giving a year's notice. Presumably new members and renewals are governed by the new rule.

The only sticking point is lifetime memberships.
I guess my biggest gripe is a membership (until the new rule is in force) is all that was needed to get in. There was no way the reception desk could screw up the approval of entry. If the liberal interpretation of "same-day BP" includes the BP associated with a redeye arrival, that would be fine. The problem is members will now be depending on reception to be knowledgable about that stipulation. I can definitely foresee a denial or two coming from ill-informed agents. Most people coming off a redeye are hardly in a mood to be denied a rightful entry. If UA IT gets the scanners to automatically recognize and approve access for such redeye flights, I might be less apprehensive (taking reception deciderers out), but that would require UA IT to...aw, never mind.

Last edited by IAH-OIL-TRASH; Aug 15, 2015 at 8:50 am