FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starting 18 Aug 2016:United Club Access (including members) Only w/ UA/*A Same-Day BP
Old Aug 15, 2015, 7:47 am
worldwidedreamer

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Living on the west coast, a post-redeye shower at an East Coast lounge is one of the most important lounge benefits; loosing this privilege will force me to choose other options.

The most useful time for a gatepass is when I need to manage elderly relatives---most of whom have their own LT memberships. Without me they will require wheelchairs which cost UA money.

I hope that a) UA monitors this thread, b) realizes that we don't like abusive customers either, and c) provides staff with the ability to be reasonable in interpretation of lounge access rules.

One more thing: I think that this is an opportunity for UA to differentiate credit card members, versus general club members. Full members pay more directly for access, and perhaps gate passes could be a selling point.