FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Starting 18 Aug 2016:United Club Access (including members) Only w/ UA/*A Same-Day BP
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:49 pm
JBord

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by halls120
This is indeed a downgrade. I'm fine with it, however. It just makes it easier to not renew next year.
For me, it was the price increase. I was on the fence at the current price. Renewed last year to give it one more try, but already decided I wouldn't renew this next January. This just makes me feel even better about my decision. Not because it really impacts me much, but because it's such a stupid, petty move that I'm happy to not pay them again next year.

I was starting to think UA had learned its lesson about being penny-wise and pound foolish, when they started improving some of the food offerings and reinstating some of the pmUA policies, but apparently I was wrong.

I suppose some accountant figured out that the price increase didn't quite make up for the renewals they'd lose, so they need to cut another 5 cents per UC member by not letting people in after an overnight flight.