FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation for bad hotel stay.
View Single Post
Old Mar 13, 2000, 2:17 pm
MisterNice
FlyerTalk Evangelist

quote by Efrem:
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________
First, let's keep the issues straight. Priceline had nothing to do with it. They got you the rate. What happened after that had everything to do with the hotel and nothing to do with what you paid or why you paid it.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______________________

In actual fact YOU CANNOT leave Priceline out of the equation. By using Priceline you give up a HUGE AMOUNT OF NEGOTIATING power for a reduced hotel rate (and one quite often gets the poorest room in the whole hotel). OF course you may luck out especially if you are elite. You pre-pay Priceline, takes yer chances and hope they pay the hotel in a timely fashion.

I know more people who are/were dis-satisfied with their Priceline usage than satisfied with their services. Also the news groups, such as rec.travel.air, rec.travel etc denote many sorry tales of Priceline stays. Not worth it IMHO to save a buck or two with hotels or airlines. You apparently have a different recollection or hear different traveling friends tales. I wish I, or specially my friends did.

I fully agree it is not the fault of Priceline, but let's see HOW OR IF Priceline ASSISTS IN GETTING PROPER CUSTOMER SATISFACTION for the original poster's parents. That will be a the real test of their inclusive services. If I book travel through a TA (I usually use Rosenbluth), have problems with airlines, hotels, cars etc, and cannot obtain satisfaction with the hotels etc, I ometimes swrite or call my TA and explain the problem. Often they can work the refund miracles. They are my legally-defined agent and work for me. I dispute credit card charges as a last resort but will if I believe I am right. I probably would dispute the Priceline charge (but do not know if this can be done as I have never used them).