FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My First Trip in Long Haul F, flying in style on Emirates A380 F, SEA-IAH-DXB-HKG
Old Aug 13, 2015, 5:33 pm
HGHUA

Programs: UA 1P MM, AS MVP G*, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Cool My First Trip in Long Haul F, flying in style on Emirates A380 F, SEA-IAH-DXB-HKG

EDIT: All parts up!

So hey everyone. While I've been traveling all over the world my whole life this is the first time I've decided to do a trip report. Most of the time I travel in Y, and traveled mostly on CO for a while then moved over to UA. I've been on F in domestic F flights in China and the US and long haul J/C on various airlines (UA, CX, CA, etc.) Now that I'm in the CC game I have new opportunities to try out some long anticipated trips. I've mostly paid out of pocket for flights but recently been spending a lot of miles.

Now this is just an intro. My trip begins in 5 days so subscribe now and stay tuned!

Booking:
Spent 100K AS points. Tried to book SEA-DXB but no luck availability wise. Only flights I could find in F were from IAH or DFW. So I booked that, unfortunately AS didn't have any seats in the A or W buckets to get me from SEA-IAH. Still don't, and I've been checking every day. So they put me on the standby list for both buckets in hope one would clear. Then I made a united award rez that I could cancel without penalty just in case, however availability was limited and as such the BEST saver award flight I could get was SEA-SFO-LAS-IAH. Yeah I know. Lousy, with a 3 hour layover in SFO and 6 in LAS overnight. Ughh... I'm really hoping I can do the same day changes option the day of check-in if nothing else opens up.

So a little bit of cattle prodding to go with my luxury. Haha

So here's what the trip looks like:

Day 1: SEA-SFO (& 3 hr layover) in UA Y
Day 2: SFO-LAS (& 6 hr layover) in UA Y
LAS-IAH (& 7 hr layover) in UA Y

EDIT: Direct flight found! Yah! SEA-IAH in AS F

Houston Layover Pics

IAH-DXB in EK F

Day 3-4: 15 hr layover in DXB (no hotel, EK F lounge & nap)

Day 4: DXB-HKG in EK F

Yes I know its a looong trip. Especially without a hotel. I'm too cheap to book one in DXB though I was thinking about the Park Hyatt Dubai...

I've read most of the other trip reports on EK F and try to report and take photos of something different if I see it to make things interesting. Also, we'll take a look at the new EK F amenity kit!

Hope you'll all stay tuned!
HGHUA

EDIT: Thoughts and new trip upcoming in NOV 2016!

Last edited by HGHUA; Sep 23, 2016 at 5:29 pm