FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LH Fares earning post March 2015 - some fares 75/50/0% - post March 2018 now 100% PQM
Old Aug 12, 2015, 7:15 pm
WaxComb

Programs: UA, LH, AS, AB
Originally Posted by akirby9
I wanted to echo some of the discussion here as I am having similar issues.

As a loyal United flyer for several years, I was shocked to find that two recent flights ticketed on United but flown on Lufthansa received NO miles. I've flown both these routes in the past and had no issues. Sometimes the intra-European flights have been an issue, but I have always received mileage for ovserseas international flights.

Ticket information as follows (both start with 016, meaning ticketed through United):
IST MUC 4/15/2015 K
MUC BOS 4/15/2015 K

After several exchanges with customer service, this is the response I received:
"""""Thanks for participating in the MileagePlus® program!

Not all Lufthansa fare classes are eligible for earnings. Fare classes not listed on the Lufthansa earnings chart are not eligible for mileage credit, regardless of where the ticket is purchased. Also, some classes of service offer less than 100% mileage.

For complete accrual details for Lufthansa flights, please visit the Airline Partners and Global Alliancespage and click on the Lufthansa logo."""""

According to that chart, since I am a silver member, I am entitled to 7x fare miles. What gives? I thought the only time that you wouldn't accrue miles is if it wasn't issued on a United ticket and wasn't an eligible fare class on Lufthansa.

What's the point of buying it on a United ticket if you can't even get ANY miles? How can they get away with this? As far as I am concerned, the chart is wildly misleading because it doesn't indicate that you have to purchase certain fare classes, even if you are booking on a United ticket. Where is there a list of Lufthansa fare classes that are not eligible for any miles?

Do I have any recourse here? Any advice? Thanks.

Alison
Maybe you should try calling. I've re-read the rules (http://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/mark...spx?ItemId=298), and it seems to imply on 016 it's based on fare paid otherwise it's by fare class and miles. I'd hazard a guess that you should have gotten miles (even if it's a little).