FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)
Old Aug 11, 2015, 9:54 pm
LHR/MEL/Europe FF
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by FT-hss
Would AA allow me to hold QR flights on 2 consecutive days for 5 day hold each so I can hope for some saver seats to trickle in on connecting flights from QRs US hubs to PHX?
Originally Posted by FT-hss
OK.. So what I meant was hold QR all the way to ORD for 7/8/16 for 4 pax (pending ORD-PHX, hoping for saver in next 5 days for 7/8/16), THEN a day later, hold another exact same route award for 7/9/16 for the same pax and expect 5 days to look for ORD-PHX saver for 7/9/16? Those two are my target return dates.

From your answer about it looks like this is possible because of different dates, but I was worried about what would QR think about this, or does it not matter?
No.

AA will not allow you to hold duplicate bookings or multiple bookings for 'impossible' flights (ie where you cannot possibly take one of the flights because of the timings). This is mentioned in AA's terms and conditions.

So even on separate days, you can't possibly make both of them in this case, so you will need to choose one or the other.

Not sure of QR's policy on this, but even if AA somehow let you do it, there is a possibility QR could cancel the duplicate/multiple booking if for some reason it discovered them.