FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA gold/oneworld emerald making AA complaint?
Old Aug 11, 2015, 9:18 pm
johnbonham

BA gold/oneworld emerald making AA complaint?

Hi all

Looking for some advice about making a complaint to AA. I'm British airways gold, oneworld emerald and do most of my flights on American.

Over the weekend I was due to fly from MIA to LAS in domestic first. Upon arriving at the gate there appeared to be a delay (technical problem with the plane) and the departure time kept getting pushed back by 30 mins at a time.

After a couple of hours they announced that the plane was no longer operational and that they would be replacing with a new 737 from the hanger. Two hours later and the plane finally showed up. We boarded to find that there was no catering on board. We then had to wait for 90 minutes on board (without even a water) and the catering was finally delivered - minus the meals for first class! Hostess said they were going to go without the meals "sorry" - hence we got some chips and a cookie as a meal. All in all we arrived into LAS 6 hours late.

I want to complain to AA but I'm not an aadvantage member, is there any point? Can/should they give me something in compensation?

Sorry for the long post and thanks.