FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)
Old Aug 11, 2015, 9:15 pm
Goosh

Programs: JL JMB Diamond 1.4 MM, UA 1P 1.2 MM
Originally Posted by oegene
I need 2 AAdvantage F tickets one way from SAN to Tokyo for March 4 or 5, 2016. Yesterday after checking with BA, it stated availability for 3 F seats for both days from SFO to HND (JL001) then I waited until past 6pm PST before calling AA, the rep told me there were no premium seats available (First or Business) for that flight on both days. I tried 3 times thru the night and also once this morning to no avail. In between, I checked BA website and everytime it clearly stated there are 3 F seats. Any suggestion? Thanks.
My advice was for when inventory loads into their system and the way to get award seats 330 days out when they first become available. For your dates, IF the seats were available, you should have been able to call right away and book the seats instead of waiting till 6pm PDT. I'm skeptical that the award seats were actually available to be booked in F. One, they don't release more than 2 F seats on that route except when done in error. Two, I don't see any J or F seats for those dates at all on both BA and JL. Of course those seats could have been available and were booked before you could book them, but I'm skeptical that they were there to begin with. Let me know if you have any other questions or need clarification.