FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Not Honoring Premier Sign Up Bonus
View Single Post
Old Aug 11, 2015, 3:53 pm
Blackheath

Programs: TP Gold; IB Oro; G3 Diamond; AD Diamond; LA Plat.; HH Diamond; IHG Diam Amb; Marriott Plat.
Citi Not Honoring Premier Sign Up Bonus

I applied to a Citi TY Premier CC, in January this year. This was done through my CitiGold account manager. There was an offer for bonus TY points, that many of you should be familiar with (30,000 points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of becoming a cardmember and 20,000 points after a total of $15,000 in purchases within the first 12 months).

This offer was included in an email I received from my account manager with the application form.

The card was issued, and I spent more than the required $3,000 in the first three months.

Now Citi is refusing to issue me the bonus points.

A couple of months ago, I enquired via chat, and they told me to wait, saying it usually takes a few billing cycles for the bonus points to post.

Now, via secure messaging, Citi is saying that there is no record that I have been offered the bonus points, and that it is too late to investigate this matter, because 90 days have elapsed since account opening.

I insisted, mentioning that I had previously enquired by chat, and also saying that I had the email from my manager with the sign up offer (and that I would be happy to share the email with them).

Their response, again, is:

“We have received your enquiry regarding your introductory promotional offer. Unfortunately, we do not show you were solicited to receive the offer you mentioned. Due to the time frame (90 days for the date the account is opened) has elapsed since opening date, we are unable to review your dispute”.

Anyone would have any tips on how I could solve this? This is very frustrating. I intended to apply for the Prestige, but now I’m having second thoughts.

My account manager promised to help, but he stopped replying to my emails. He is very unresponsive (and that’s another thing I need to solve, by switching my account to a more responsive manager). I can’t show up at the branch, because I do not live in the US.

Any advice?

Thanks!