FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - MH370 KUL-PEK Missing 8 Mar 2014: Search & Recovery [PLEASE SEE WIKI]
Old Aug 10, 2015, 4:58 pm
luckypierre

Programs: 3.2MM AA, 1.4MM UA,StwdLftPlt
Originally Posted by nsx
So would the flaperon have fully deployed? If so, the water impact would have torn it off.
I wouldn't think so, but this flight is one of aviation's great mysteries. As an aside, I currently subscribe to the flight crew being overwhelmed by some event, trying to return to Penang, succumbing to circumstances and the flight becoming a ghost ship until the fuel ran out in the southern Indian Ocean.

The aviation community has become accomplished at reconstructing details from debris. I am sure a lot of very competent engineers from Boeing are examining the flaperon in great detail. Why is it virtually undamaged? Even in the best of circumstances-some sort of gradual glide into the ocean-the engines would want to shear off and collide it with it and other trailing elements, much less the more likely event of a wing catching a wave and the plane cartwheeling. What is the source for the odd fraying damage along the trailing surface?