FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nice gesture for FAs?
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 1999, 5:51 pm
Catman
Commander Catcop

Or be inspired by Rudi and bring small boxes of chocolates.

OMNI about gift certificates (which still has me steaming It's a somewhat long story, sorry...

I'm standing in line to get an AMerican Express gift cheque for a friend at work who gave me this wonderful gift certificate to Ruth's CHris steakhouse (I wanted to cry and I will be taking HER there on it when I have the time.)

Well soemone in front of me asks how to get an Amex gift cheque and I said "I like giving them becuase the person can get whatever they want."

Well Mr. Blusterly Bearded businessman in his designer coat, Gucci loafers and scarf declares to all who would hear "You know giving a gift certificate only suggests laziness and that you don't really care about the person. Well for my "girls" in the office I find out what their sizes are and I get them clothing and jewelry. Giving a gift certificate suggests you really haven't taken the time to give this some thought."

(I have this quote becaus the minute I got out of the AMex office I went somewhere to write this down! I'm still fuming.)

Well, I responded "Personally a gift cheque shows that you do care. And have you seen Macy's today? I have a limited amount of time and I feel it would be selfish of me to just take and NOT give something in return."

Mr. Blustery went ot the Amex window and got angry he could not charge his gift cheque for 50 bucks on his AMex card.

I guess that's his WIFE's GIFT.

ANd remember, it's not the gift but the thought that someone knows you care enough to get something.

My best gifts are not material: friends, hugs , pats on the back, cats rubbing against my face.