FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - JFK or MIA for connecting flight to BA
View Single Post
Old Aug 10, 2015, 11:25 am
upinsmoke

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by getmethere
Thanks to all the responses.

I'm an economy flyer, and the AA prices via JFK or MIA are about the same. I think I'll choose JFK. BTW, JFK-EZE planes are 777, and MIA-EZE planes are 767.

This will be my first visit to Argentina. I'll start different threads for my many questions :-)
Hmm... AA doesn't fly 767 from MIA-EZE. Both MIA-EZE and JFK-EZE fly 777-200. However, in November you'll get different interior of planes. The ones from JFK are the reconfigured 772, while MIA has the older configuration.

Do you have status on Oneworld? The new configuration has Main Cabin Extra, while the older configuration doesn't. However, if you don't get MCE in the new config, then the back part of economy is worse than the old configuration, since AA has gone from 9-across to 10-across seating.

IFE will be much, much better on the reconfigured birds.

Another things to consider for layover convenience, do you have access to AA Admiral's Club (Oneworld Sapphire/AA Platinum or OW Emerald/AA Executive Platinum) or do you have American Express Platinum or Centurion cards?

Both MIA and JFK have Admiral's clubs, however the JFK ones are far superior: more showers, less crowded, etc, and a Flagship Lounge if you're Emerald.

But MIA has the Centurion Lounge for AmEx Platinum/Centurion, while JFK doesn't.