FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated Connection time/logistics-Domestic & International at IAH [ARCHIVE]
Old Aug 9, 2015, 8:05 pm
Kensterfly

Originally Posted by physioprof
Thank you all for the valuable insights on IAH-CLL versus driving! I will report back on what I decide to do.
I'm actually flying our of CLL via IAH to MEM this week. First time ever to fly out of CLL. I've looked at it a few times but usually the extra cost just can't be justified. However, this time the cost was virtually the same as if I originated at IAH. The drive from my house to the IAH parking lot can be up to 1:45 depending upon morning traffic. (1:15 is the very best it can be done.)

But, it's only about 45 minutes from my house to CLL. No rush hour traffic either way. I have about 45 minutes between flights at IAH-all in Terminal B. No crowds. Very few flights each day. It's a win for me.

Unfortunately, my next trip would cost about $150 more to fly out of CLL. Just can't justify that so I'll drive to IAH. But I'll try again in the future and if the cost is good, and the connection time isn't several hours, I'll probably give it another try.