FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Agency in Russia who provides assistance for Belarus Visa?
Old Aug 9, 2015, 9:38 am
Maverick.au

Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Hello all,

I've been having an interesting time trying to find an agency in St Petersburg or Moscow that can assist me in getting a Visa to Belarus. I found some who walk me through the steps required (which are many!) to obtain said tourist Visa (not transit). But they don't act on my behalf as agencies in the USA do (i.e, go to the Embassy for me).
The application is pretty straightforward.

Also, they tell me I must purchase airfare to/from, medical insurance and have an original copy of my hotel booking form (from the hotel as an invite). All of these cost money that I have to pay in advance (especially a courier fee for the original invite/hotel booking) and I'm hesitant to incur all these costs before finding out if my Visa is approved.
All you need to do is make a booking at a hotel (doesn't need to be paid for), ask them for a booking confirmation letter for a Visa application and attach this to your Visa application. Some charge for the letter whereas others do not, we booked and asked for a booking confirmation and received it an hour to so latter by email. There is no need to have an original except in certain circumstances but print the emailed one via a colour laser printer.

Does anyone have experience here? Anyone know an agency that can assist?

Thanks!
Apply for an additional day either side of the booked accommodation to cover any transit delays, show your rough itinerary on the application, your purpose for entry and so forth. We received our Visas in around a week (Australia) and arrive there in five weeks.