FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen, Mexico - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 9, 2015, 9:21 am
berto714

Originally Posted by mdskyguy
I had a great experience. Used a DSU and got upgraded to an oceanfront plunge pool suite. Pool service was very attentive, friendly and quick. The pool area was full but spacious and very relaxing. La Cocina food was resort priced, not a huge menu but quite tasty.
Lounge had eggs for breakfast and full continental. Evening had extensive desserts, cold cuts, veggies and one hot option. My only complaint was two nights it was soup which seems bizarre for a beach resort. Club staff was great, good recommendations and crafted Margaritas if asked.
Spa is amazing, one of the nicest I have seen in the world!
Did you find the noise and water sports from the neighboring beach club distracting? Also, how was the beach? I've read complaints that it's narrow and frequented by lots of people from neighboring areas, including people who try to sell you stuff. I prefer to spend time at the beach rather than pool area when at a beach location, so I'm looking for a nice, relaxing beach and I'm concerned this isn't the place for me. I've made a reservation a nearby resort a little more out of town and trying to decide which one to go with.