FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:35 am
dajoip

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by peteropny
It's actually a revenue stay (BRG + DSU). I think it's the latter type of email (asking about opting in for the resort fee for the benefits).

Anyways, since Hawaii has quite a bit of advance bookings (I booked my stay last October), I would expect this confusion with the benefits (those who pay the resort fee vs those who do not opt in (and perhaps those on award stays) to continue for a while until all revenue stays are assessed the resort fee.

This is the verbiage from the email:
Yes, that's the exact same email I received, except for this portion (where I've bolded the changes):

MINE:
We would also like you to discover what our resort experience has to offer by invigorating your stay with amenities that excite the senses and amplify your vacation experience.
YOURS:
**We noticed that you booked your reservation prior to April 2nd which means that you are eligible for a great opportunity. We now have a daily resort charge which would let you discover what our resort has to offer by invigorating your stay with amenities that excite the senses and amplify your vacation experience. The total value of $380.00 is yours to enjoy at a $40.00 daily rate should you wish to opt-in to this program ...

... Please let us know if you would like to move forward with opting-in and taking advantage of this great amplified experience.
So apparently that's how they're distinguishing between those who have to opt-in to the resort fee (revenue stay booked prior to 4/2), vs those who either will be charged it by default (revenue stay booked after 4/2), or those who will have it waived (award stay booked anytime).

Last edited by dajoip; Aug 7, 2015 at 9:34 am