FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:03 am
peteropny
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by dajoip
Is it a revenue or award stay (I'm assuming award, since right now that's where the confusion lies...)? Was the email you received the one from their concierge welcoming you, asking for flight information, and outlining their amenities? Or was it a different email, specifically mentioning opting in for those extra "resort-fee" benefits? I'm also staying there later this month, and I've received nothing other than a "generic" email from the concierge with this verbiage:

Nothing in that text suggests to me that it's extra and that I have to choose to opt-in to receive those amenities. The fact that you feel this way (again, assuming you were referring to an award stay), simply indicates that there's still quite a bit of confusion as to how things are being implemented. Either way, the issue still has not been definitively addressed. I called the Diamond line earlier this week and asked them whether the "resort fee amenities" will be included at no additional cost on a full award stay at this property. They did some research, as well as calling the hotel directly, and came back with an unequivocal "YES - it will be included at no extra charge", which I asked for them to notate in my account/reservation.
It's actually a revenue stay (BRG + DSU). I think it's the latter type of email (asking about opting in for the resort fee for the benefits).

Anyways, since Hawaii has quite a bit of advance bookings (I booked my stay last October), I would expect this confusion with the benefits (those who pay the resort fee vs those who do not opt in (and perhaps those on award stays) to continue for a while until all revenue stays are assessed the resort fee.

This is the verbiage from the email:
We look forward to welcoming you to Andaz Maui at Wailea! As your personal concierge, we would like to take a moment to introduce you to the many activities and cultural experiences Maui has to offer.

To make the most of your time in Maui, we would like to obtain your arrival and departure flight information, the names of any other adults traveling with you, and whether you will need assistance with transportation arrangements to and from the airport.

**We noticed that you booked your reservation prior to April 2nd which means that you are eligible for a great opportunity. We now have a daily resort charge which would let you discover what our resort has to offer by invigorating your stay with amenities that excite the senses and amplify your vacation experience. The total value of $380.00 is yours to enjoy at a $40.00 daily rate should you wish to opt-in to this program. Andaz Maui offers the traditional amenities you expect and new offerings you won’t be able to travel without, including:

GoPro Hero 4 Camera Rental Outrigger Excursion Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga GoPro Photo & Video Editing lab Snorkel Rental Single & Tandem Bike Rental
Pilates Classes Ukulele Lessons Hula Lessons Body Board Rental Yoga Classes Professional Photo Shoot

*Space is limited, reservations can be made upon arrival to the resort.

Amenities always included in your Andaz experience:

Welcome Beverage Reusable water bottles Transportation within Wailea 24 Hour laundry ility ‘Ohana Lounge 808 Kids Club
24 Hour Fitness Center Wireless Internet Mini-bar Refreshments

Please let us know if you would like to move forward with opting-in and taking advantage of this great amplified experience.