FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wells Fargo 5X rewards cap
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 2015, 6:59 am
diseased

Originally Posted by mattrendell27
Well I was depositing a lot of MO's with WF tellers and one time the MO read incorrectly as 99.13 instead of 999.13 so I went back through the drive-thru window and they said that someone in the "bank's back office" would have to correct the mistake. So about a week later they manually credited my account for the missing 900 but then like 3 days after that my checking was closed. And about 2 weeks after that my CC was closed. It's too bad cuz everything was going great until the misread MO happened.

It doesn't seem the amount of spending I did was what lead to cancellation. But for the record I had a 5k CL (platinum card) and was spending about 10-12k/week.

At the time depositing MO's directly at WF was what I had gathered from this thread to be the easiest and best practice to cycle the CL on this card most effectively. I now realize it's better to deposit MO's to a different checking account first and then push money to WF checking.
Sorry. Some people advised against even paying the card from a non-WF account though, so Idk. I have a redcard linked to a joint wf account and a serve in dh's name linked to another, so I load and transfer the funds to one of those. I hope the Serve deposits don't cause our accounts to be closed.