Old Aug 5, 15, 6:21 pm
qfrodo

Programs: UA 1K, Million Miler, *G, JJ, AD Diamante, Global Entry, CLEAR, H.O.G. Life Member
I just did domestic (GOL) to International (UA) on 8/4 with a 2 hour connection. GOL checked the bag thru to the first US port, so I did not have to pick it up at GRU. Asked UA if they could check the bag to my final destination in the US and they did. GOL and UA are not in the same alliance. You probably need to call and verify that the domestic airline you choose will do this (should not be a problem if all TAM). Had about a half hour to spend in the lounge. Security and passport control was not crowded, so depending on time of day, it could take a bit extra time, but from what I have experienced, even when there are a lot of people, the line moves pretty well. GRU is probably the better airport. Domestic TAM flights are in Terminal 2 and Terminal 3 for the international flights. It is no more than a 15 minute walk (likely less) from Terminal 2 to Terminal 3. Took me no more than 20 minutes to walk from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3.

Oh, and Welcome to FlyerTalk!!!

Link that might be helpful for GRU airport info.
http://www.gru.com.br/en-us/Airport-Guide/Airlines