FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Same Day Travel Change 24 hours from original or new?
Old Aug 5, 2015, 7:41 am
sukn

Programs: AAdvantage, Hilton
Originally Posted by tegelad
SDC has a few factors with it .... status and fare class ... however, per (http://www.aa.com/i18n/utility/sameDayTravel.jsp) it states the same calendar day, so a person asking for a Wednesday August 5th 9am flight can't normally ask for a August 4th 8pm flight under normal conditions. The only thing that I think would allow this if say you are an EXP and some cancellation event is occuring. E.g. I had a flight from CMI-SJC one evening, and in the afternoon I noticed that my 6am flight was cancelled due to weather issues ... the EXP line changed everything from CMI to IND for me and I was able to hop on a IND-LAX and flew to SJC the following morning ....
Originally Posted by TechMarauder
Agreed... I had a similar instance where I was going IAH-LAX-LHR-ARN and due to weather the next day, it was able to take the Iah-Lax flight the night before and resume my regular flights. (Good thing I could because my Iah-Lax flight was indeed cancelled the next day!)
Neither of these experiences have anything to do with same-day confirmed flight change. Reaccommodation due to weather is a whole different ball of wax.