FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How is the A380 Residence Selling?
View Single Post
Old Aug 4, 2015, 12:26 am
TGflyergirl

Originally Posted by BenSenise
Would the crew disturb you in the bedroom? I'm just thinking that this would be an amazing place to join the mile-high club. Any reason you couldn't?
Ok not gonna comment about the club and all, but I did ask the butler on my flight where she hung out if there were residence passengers.

Was it a) near the residence (i.e. near the showers - and apartment 1H

or b) in the galley

She said it was always the galley, but if the residence living door was open, she would come out every 5 minutes to check. if the residence living door was closed, she would stay in the galley until called.

Another thing that she told seems to be a misconception:

If for example on the way to deliver a drink to a residence passenger and got stopped by someone in first apartments for a service request- a butler theoretically should not turn down the request. The butler MAY be significantly committed to residence pax, but not totally so.

She said : well - the person asking IS a First Apartment passenger after all (with emphasis on First), and sometimes could actually be a relative of the residence pax, so no, butlers aren't supposed to turn down the request if you ask for something.

She also told me the most popular combo of pax in the residence she's had as a butler so far isn't husband and wife.

It's mother and daughter. Not 85 year old mother and 45 year old daughter, but 30 year old mother with 6 year old daughter.

Without divulging too much details - she told me that she'd had to prepare "frozen" (as in Disney Frozen, not Refrigerator Frozen) themed meals, decor and flowers more than once for these pax as a result. I didn't press her for more info. I guess I just let it go.....