FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated CDG connection time/logistics/lounge {Archive}
Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:51 pm
Pat Plus

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by james darren
Hi all,

I have an Easyjet flight from Croatia which lands at Paris CDG Terminal 2D and need to transfer to United Airlines in Terminal 1 for my flight to the U.S. The flights are on separate tickets.

I understand I need to go through border control & then take the train to Terminal 1. I have no baggage to collect, just carry on. I am also flying business on United.

I have approx 95 minutes between flights. I know this is not a lot of time, but is it possible if everything goes smoothly?

Thanks...
It's very tight, but feasible since you don't have bags.

Business class gives you the equivalent of Premier Access, which is called "Acces no 1" -- look for signs; you'll find a sign at border control, then a sign at security. In both cases, what you'll do is that you'll scan your phone or boarding pass at the automated gates, which will open and let you cut the line.

That being said, the questions are as follows:
-- Will the easyJet flight be on time? With only a slight delay, you can kiss your connection goodbye.
-- Is your passport information stored in UA's system and do you know that you can checkin online reliably without needing to see an agent for a document check?
-- If you're flying on an upgraded ticket, have you already paid the "luxury tax" that is required upon departing from France for premium passengers?
-- Do you realize that neither United or easyJet are responsible for a missed connection here, since you're on different itineraries?

Personally, I wouldn't chance it. But if your flight is on time, I say you have a decent chance at making your connection. Things have vastly improved at CDG over the years. Even security has greatly improved; at the UA satellite the security hall is now twice as large with much more processing capacity. Things are much smoother than they used to be.

Originally Posted by vaflyer888
Hi all,

I need some advice on connecting in CDG. First time flying into CDG and on easyjet. I'm United Premier Gold and have a United Club Card (but it sounds like the Club card makes no difference at CDG for getting through security faster). And I will just have carry-on luggage.

Traveling United IAD to CDG in Y arriving 06:50 Terminal 1
I have an easyjet flight CDG to LUT departing 08:30 Terminal 2D

www.easycdg.com says 45-75 min is required when connecting between T1 and T2. Is that accurate?

Is it doable to get through passport control, take the CDGVAL train to T2, walk to T2D, go through security and then check in?
Can I check in online for the easyjet flight and avoid checking in at the terminal?

On www.easycdg.com they said walking between where the CDGVAL drops you off and T2D is recommend over taking the bus to 2D. Any advice?

How do I get fast track through security?

I know easycdg.com has a lot of info but I trust the experience of the people of this site more.

Thanks in advance!
I'm not familiar with easyJet and their rules so I can't comment on the details.

That being said, I'm not sure I understand your point about the Gold card. Yes, it does give you priority (called "Access no 1") *when flying United.* Since you're connecting on easyJet, that is completely irrelevant. So, to answer your question about how to get fast track, well... you won't.

Exiting T1 without bags is piece of cake - there's a fair amount of walking but it should be quick. Rush out to get ahead of the border control line, then just make your way out of the secure area and to the automated train. Assuming that your flight is on time, that part should be easy.

T2 is large, though, and you'll have to walk. It's probably more reliable than taking the bus indeed.

I think your connection is feasible assuming that your flight is on time. But be ready to be "flexible."

Last edited by WineCountryUA; Aug 16, 2015 at 11:10 pm Reason: merging consecutive posts by same member -- please use multi-quote