FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SWA-Infant BC Exemption?
View Single Post
Old Aug 1, 2015, 4:47 pm
UNGGOY

Originally Posted by themicah
WN requires a copy of a birth certificate, not an original. I've flown WN several times with a lapchild and a photocopy of a birth certificate (no raised seal or anything of the sort) has always sufficed. That said, I've never flown WN with a lap child remotely approaching the age of 2 (we usually start buying seats around the time they learn to walk, as they start to get too squirmy to safely/comfortably hold on a lap).
They actually require an original. But not all original vital records have raised seals. Which is funny. Raised seals are an old thing that many nations are not using any more. Besides that, who ever verifies a raised seal? At least half the raised seals I have seen are unintelligible. lol Besides, WHERE would you verify the raised seal? There is no national online database of the trillions of raised seals out there. Further, you can buy or make your own raised seals anywhere...

We don't plan on holding the infants. Lap infants can go in a car seat in an empty seat, or if they are bigger, just sit in a seat. If there is room.

Besides, most SWA flights are just take-off and landing. 45 min to an hour.