FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Uber in Boston
Thread: Uber in Boston
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2015, 3:47 pm
ajklink

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Analise
I'm considering using Uber for the first time on my quick trip to Boston as I will need to get to BOS for a 6am flight and the T is unfortunately not an option. So here are my questions:

1. As I'm reading about how Uber works, I've learned that each city has a built-in minimum. What is it for Boston? (For that matter, what is it for Portland?)

2. Will I be charged for tolls in the tunnel for each direction? (Assuming tolls are charged each way; I don't know)

3. Is uberTaxi less or more expensive than uberX early in the morning?

4. For location, will the app accept the name of the hotel as a pickup location or must it have the exact address? For example, using the laptop on the uber website, I used the fare estimator for Logan's Terminal A and the estimator didn't acknowledge Terminal A as the drop off. All it recognized was Logan Airport. I picked the "Sheraton Copley" as the pick up location just to get an idea of the fares; I'm not sure if we're staying there.

5. Does the estimator include tolls?

I may have more questions later. Thanks.
To answer a couple questions: uber in Boston will adds tolls as well as an airport surcharge of $8.75 (to and from BOS). Pick-up/drop-off locations seem to be based on Google maps, so names of a hotel are fine as long as it comes up in the list from which to select when you type it in.