FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No miles\flights for DL on VS metal?
View Single Post
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:32 am
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Malaysia Airlines is not, and never has been, a Skyteam partner.

All KL coded flights earn miles - regardless of the operator.

Originally Posted by Flying Blue
Flying Blue members can earn Miles on:

Flights that are operated by Malaysia Airlines and marketed as MH, AF or KL

Please note that Flying Blue members cannot earn and spend Miles on:

Flights from Malaysia to France and vice versa
Flights from Malaysia to Italy and vice versa
The scenario of a KL flight operated by MH not earning could never have arisen to the best of my knowledge, unless it somehow fell foul of some of the "exceptions" listed above; I don't recall there ever being an exception on earning on flights between AMS and KUL, though, and I am not aware of KL codesharing on flights from France/Italy to Malaysia (not that MH flies to Italy any more; they stopped a few years ago).

Either the flight that didn't earn for you was actually an MH flight, subject to the exclusions on earning in force at the time (not all MH flights earn, although Malaysia Airlines is a Flying Blue partner); or else it was pre-2005, in the KLM Flying Dutchman days (prior to Flying Blue) - I have no idea what the earning rules in that programme were.

Unless you can provide more specific details, I'm going to guess that you remembered the scenario incorrectly.

Originally Posted by vexorg
They can also code share, have a KL number on the boarding pass, and still not qualify. Got that years ago before Malaysian Airlines were a full sky team partner. When you book, you are supposed to check the operator and not assume the KL / DL / AF /whatever number means you're in the program.
This is wrong...

Aer Lingus, for instance, is not a Skyteam member, nor is it a Flying Blue partner.

And yet, every KL flight I've ever taken on Aer Lingus metal has earned FB miles. And there is no "Aer Lingus" page amongst the partners listed on the Flying Blue website to consult.

That's because it's unnecessary. All KL flights earn.

Last edited by irishguy28; Jul 28, 2015 at 10:40 am