FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Copa: Complimentary Upgrade Experiences under ConnectMiles
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:18 pm
DarrenChannel

Programs: LATAMPASS, Copa ConnectMiles Gold
Copa: Complimentary Upgrade Experiences under ConnectMiles

Have my first trip with Copa under the new ConnectMiles program on Thursday.

I'm curious, for those who have flown Copa since July 1, how has everyone else found the new system to work when it comes to complimentary upgrades? Are you getting automatic e-mail notices?

As a new Platinum member, I should have received an upgrade notice today (72 hrs in advance) for my MEX-PTY flight, but didn't receive anything. I checked the flight availability on ExpertFlyer, and looks like it should be fine -- I see business availability as C6 J6 D6 today. And on the business class seat map, just 1 of 16 seats is occupied.

Also, the seat map shows economy class at just 1/3 full, and none of the first three economy rows, dedicated to Prefer members, are occupied. (Copa.com would not even allow me to select a seat in these rows.)

I spoke with an agent this evening, and she said her system isn't showing any space in their "upgrade class" ('Z', I believe?). When I look at EF, I see Z listed as "zero" across the board in every single Copa flight I looked at. Hmmm.

It occurred to me that it could simply be them dealing with "bugs" in the system in these early days of the new ConnectMiles program.

Last edited by DarrenChannel; Jul 27, 2015 at 7:40 pm