FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Jul 26, 2015, 9:21 pm
highops

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
Boston

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Plat Ambassador

Were you happy with the hotel?
Yes

Which room did you book and what upgrade did you receive?
Day 1: Free IHG credit card room- upgraded to harbor view. I kind of had half-club since I swapped my keys the morning of day 2.
Days 2 and 3: Club Room city view on annual BOGO- upgraded to harbor view
We actually just didn't move rooms as we were on the floor below the club anyway. It was the smallest room on the floor according to the fire evacuation sign (if to scale), but it was big enough for us if a suite was not available.

How are the rooms?
This was the smallest room on the floor (I think) and it had a huge bathroom with both tub and shower so I imagine they are all nice.

How is the exec. lounge?
4 choices of wine at happy hour along with a nice selection of food. We had a big lunch one day and made a dinner of the appetizers and vegetables. Rotating traditional breakfast items and some fancier breakfast items were out each day. They had a chef to make omelets or eggs any style on Saturday and Sunday. I challenge you to keep an empty plate, cup or can out for over 5 minutes.

Also, as a prior poster mentioned Charles is, in fact, awesome.

What was your welcome gift?
Fruit. Twice since I had to do two reservations to attach the free night to the BOGO nights.

What was good?
For me the convenience to South Station was great. I like to use public transit when possible rather than renting a car. There is no fee inbound from the airport to get within two blocks of the hotel on the silver line bus.

What was bad?
More funny that bad:
My daughter wanted to do some make your own dessert event scheduled one day and the hotel forgot to set it up. They offered us dessert in the lobby by the bar and no one came to take the order. They asked for our room number and then didn't send anything up. Oh well. It was probably just frosting cookies, or a sundae bar. I mentioned it as odd, but not a big deal when the day manager, acting as a desk employee, swapped keys for me so I had club access and asked how it was going. That night we had a tray with 4 choices of desserts and sparkling wine in the room when we got back.

Value for the money? Would you return?
With the IHG CC night and the BOGO we had 3 nights at a great Boston hotel for the price of 3 nights in a good Boston hotel even if you factor in the ambassador fee and the credit card fee. If paying full price for a special event I'd consider it. I'd definitely do it again with a discounted nights.

Last edited by highops; Jul 26, 2015 at 9:34 pm Reason: spelling, grammar