FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Jul 26, 2015, 2:11 am
Romain_

Thumbs up Intercontinental Bali

What is your IHG Reward Club Status?
Spire Royal Ambassador.

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Absolutely

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked Singaraja room. Updated to singaraja duplex suite after booking. Upgraded to club room the day before arrival, and club duplex suite given on arrival. Eventually moved to Bukit suite after some problem.

How are the rooms?
Club duplex suite: showing a bit of age but quite nice and spacious. Nothing to complain about.
Bukit suite: grandiose and a bit better maintained.
Both well equipped, nothing missing.

How is the exec. lounge?
Just fantastic. Great staff, some of the best benefits I've seen so far including airport transfer, separate pool, several breakfast options, etc. Happy hour in three venues was the one we enjoyed the most: get a few drinks at the lounge or near the pool, then move to the bar near the beach to catch the sunset
The only thing where it could be improved is the relative lack of hot canapés during happy hour. Piano player is a nice touch.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
A folding fan (quite nice) and a box of chocolate.

Did you receive fruits in the room?
Yes

How was the minibar?
Not fantastic (no champagne) but decent choice of everything incl. soft drinks, beers, hard liquor, wine. The Bukit suite had Grey Goose instead of Absolut which is a nice touch.

What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Club staff is lovely, overall service is top notch. They even refilled the minibar at 4PM on the last day before we left, just in case we wanted something more...
Any request is dealt with impressively fast.
Beach in front is above average for Bali standards.
Bad:
The toilet in our first suite was in a disgusting condition when we arrived. I was more amazed than mad that they could even let it pass, but they upgraded us to the Bukit suite before I could even complain, which was absolutely fantastic. So, overall, a bad turned good as the compensation was very good.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
This is not a cheap place for Balia. As an RA, and as long as club access is given, then I think it's great value and I would not hesitate to go back. Without it, I'd have more mixed feelings.

Last edited by Romain_; Jul 26, 2015 at 2:24 am Reason: Fruits