FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Operational Upgrades (op up) - all about and "I got one" (consolidated)
Old Jul 24, 2015, 3:17 pm
hornedfrog

Programs: AADVANTAGE
Originally Posted by FlyForFun
I forgot to post this op up experience when it happened. My mother and I, both Executive Platinum, were flying on award seats to Kona to view the volcano on May 1, 2015. I booked the flights on April 30, 2015 and had to fly DFW to IAH to LAX to KOA; this was the shortest route available on the MileSAAver award.

We flew coach from DFW to IAH and from LAX to KOA as scheduled; I had exit row seats so I was happy. On our flight from Houston to LAX, the FA came to our seats just before take-off and glanced down at the manifest. I thought that she was going to welcome us as Executive Platinum members. She explained that because of weight issues, she needed us to move to first class and asked if we minded changing seats. We quickly moved from coach to the bulkhead in first and enjoyed a lovely lunch of shrimp salad and several glasses of white wine. This segment was on American Eagle and the first time that we experienced first on a regional jet. It was a very nice surprise.
Nice how much room is there on the regional jet in first class ?