FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA clamping down on missed final ex-EU sector [?]
Old Jul 24, 2015, 6:13 am
uk1
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
It is unfortunate that some prefer to make personal attacks and issue groundless threats of legal action rather than argue the issues under discussion. It appears you and I have been singled out for abuse not because we have a dissenting view on the enforceability or otherwise of repricing dropped final leg itineraries but because we take the cautious approach and advocate that readers should keep an open mind on the complicated legal issues this subject raises. This is not as black and white an issue some would have us believe. Until such time an event occurs where BA tries to enforce its claimed right to reprice an itinerary for a dropped final sector (and there is no evidence that this is even under consideration) then this remains moot and no reliable conclusion to enforceability can be arrived at until the matter comes before the courts and any points of law have been argued and settled.

There also appears to be some confusion in the mind of Davidxg as to the role of an Ambassador on this forum. He does not appear to appreciate that we are not British Airways Ambassadors but FlyerTalk Ambassadors and as such we do not speak on behalf of British Airways nor do we have any motivation to protect BA or its reputation.

I act for (and advise) a number of international airlines (not including BA) and I am aware those airlines read these pages. They also know my identity. I do not bite the hand that feeds me and for that reason I choose not to get involved in any detailed legal discusion that I may be called to offer an advice or argue on behalf of my client airlines.

I have received a number of messages alerting me that an individual on my FlyerTalk ignore list has, yet again, taken the opportunity of trying to poke me and demean. It is sad he finds it necessary but I will not now, nor in the future, respond to his goading.
For someone with your "knowledge" and self-assumed legal expertise you'd think you'd at least know about "hearsay". Replying and insulting repeatedly someone else that you say you cannot judge for yourself because you do not read what they say seem pretty childish and self-indiulgent and doesn't indicate an approach you'd expect from someone who claims your higher legal ground. You've even done so to another poster without making the slightest effort to reply in substance. Why not actually say why he is wrong?

If you read my posts, you haven't been attacked at all, I have simply pointed out you haven't said anything in this thread and basically you continue to do so.