FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Way to Redeem Chase Points for Flight to Alaska [June 2016]
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:51 pm
KentyMac

Originally Posted by pwd847
Delta is a possibility due to being in the skyteam alliance, but it will cost a few more miles. Now I don't know anything about the quality of seats but I can infer, based on comments I have read, that Alaska Airlines is a nicer plane than Delta.

Korean Airlines can only search and book KA's flights. You need to search on Alaska Airlines. I was just browsing around Alaska's site about an hour ago and there is TONS of coach availability from Chicago. Probably the same for you in San Diego. After you know the exact flight you want, you call KA and book over the phone. Then you explain that KA website won't allow you to book this flight and if they could please waive the $25 booking fee. Ask for a supervisor if you have to.
Thanks! Four flights at 25,000 each is still crazy high for four one-way tickets, but less than the 116,636 it would cost using the Chase Travel portal. I'll call Korean Air tomorrow and see if this'll "fly" (pardon the pun. )