FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Way to Redeem Chase Points for Flight to Alaska [June 2016]
Old Jul 23, 2015, 8:16 pm
pwd847

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Hello. I frequent the M$ forum. I have recently cleaned up my credit and I now have some great credit cards and many miles. I too am looking to go to AK in 2016. I have spent hours researching all of the different airline alliances and matching them to UR transfer partners. I still have never booked an award flight but am excited to do so.

I noticed that someone mentioned using Avios to book Alaska Airlines. According to my research, (Please correct me if I am wrong), it would be more economical to book Alaska Airline award travel through Korean Air. Korean air has a separate award chart just for Alaska Airlines. I believe that a flight from US/Canada/Mexico to US/Canada/Mexico round trip is only 20,000 miles for coach, and 40,000 miles for 1st class. I am considering going in 1st. The same flights through Korean Air on Skyteam partners were 25,000 and 45,000, so you seem to save a few miles flying on Alaska Airlines when booked through Korean Air.

Alaska Airlines flys from several cities in your area.

I would fly from Chicago. I looked into United and it was a lot of miles. Transferring to Krisflyer was an interesting idea.

I hope we can both help each other figure this out. Going to AK is a dream that I've had that's about to come true!

Last edited by pwd847; Jul 23, 2015 at 8:22 pm