FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aiming for the Companion Pass - Don't want to mess up!
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:44 am
toomanybooks
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RVA110
Thanks for a good reply,

I did consider the benefits of starting in November and squeezing each month out as possible. However, with how my year typically goes I was willing to start now and just have next year and the end of this year. Yes, it leaves a gap in 2017 (especially if I want till November to "re-up" after 24 months and get 2018/2019 for the next CP).

I do buy a lot because my business resells items we buy.

If I knock out my spending in 2 months (So by Septembers? Statement) and reach the 110k) Which that CP start during September?
CP essentially starts as soon as the 110000th qualifying point hits your account (you do then have to register your Companion) and it runs through 12/31 of the following calendar year. Does not give Jan/Feb/Mar of the next following year, the way most hotel programs do.

Be award that there are 3 kinds of Southwest points, and it can get confusing. Not all are CP-qualifying. For example, bonuses on car rentals above 600 are not. Just be careful. Every year people cut things too close and lose out.