FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Washington D.C. which hotel? 2007 onward [Master Thread]
Old Jul 23, 2015, 8:50 am
dc2447
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
So much depends on your budget that it's hard to say. Are you planning to take public transport to Dulles or a taxi? (it's a long way) Do you want to be walking distance from the sights or are you happy taking the Metro?
I have no budget, burning points. I have two nights in the Radisson Blu by DCA on my way in.

Available redemptions seem to be
  • The Westin Washington, D.C. City Center
  • The Westin Georgetown, Washington D.C.
  • The Fairfax at Embassy Row, Washington, D.C.
  • Le Méridien Arlington
  • Sheraton Pentagon City Hotel

I don't want to generalise too much, but "W"s and St Regis hotels aren't really for most families. Georgetown is out of the way for sightseeing. That doesn't really leave a lot of Starwood options...
Thats helpful

I personally like the Westin in Crystal City. Often cheap, close to DCA and seconds from the Metro - a few stops away from the action. But not everybody's cup to tea to stay in a fairly sterile, bland suburb.
Not mine

Originally Posted by yulhammeryyz
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.35+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.3.2.2252 Mobile Safari/537.35+)

While this doesn't directly answer your question and I don't know the purpose of your trip, the St. Regis is in a great location for a 1 night stay if you plan to do any quick sightseeing (kids) such as the White House
No availability

Thanks for everyone who pointed me towards the master threads - the information I requested is not easily available imvho but as ever, i appreciate you taking the time to tell me you could not help me