FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Mile at a Time [OMaaT] discussions [merged]
Old Jul 22, 2015, 1:06 pm
FallenPlat

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Admirals Club, Global Entry
Well, well, well.

I'm glad to see, finally, a few value-add posts free from ad hominem rancor. Those of you who have been around Flyer Talk for longer than the short while I've been around will no doubt draw your own conclusions.

I would only add, or rather reemphasize, the importance of near-unlimited scheduling flexibility. I mean, really, who amongst the gainfully and fully employed can drop everything to fly across the Pacific six times in little more than a week? Not I.

I'm not even going to talk about paid fares ex places like Colombo or Cairo.

And living in hotels full time with a monthly home-fires maintenance nut equal to exactly zero has got to help, too.

There's hard-to-duplicate magic, in other words, on both the earning and the burning sides.

I could be wrong, but I consequently believe that many read the site not to duplicate the whole lifestyle -- who could do that? -- but rather to cherry-pick the little pieces, the reviews and tips, that are most personally useful. I've used a few and, for me, that's enough.

That's all putting aside the sheer entertainment value, of course.